Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November,
February has twenty-eight alone,
All the rest have thirty-one;
Excepting leap year,-that ‘s the time
When February’s days are twenty-nine.
– – – Author Unknown
This valuable tool is used to schedule your marketing actions weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. A marketing calendar is a key component of your overall marketing plan and is the next thing to create after your marketing plan is complete.
A marketing calendar will help you stay on target and on track with your marketing initiatives. It keeps things front and center so that you don’t let anything fall through the cracks. Marketing is important to the long-term success of your business!
Benefits of using a Marketing Calendar
- It organizes all your marketing initiatives in one place. You’ll save a lot of time and energy by creating a comprehensive calendar that lays out the activities for the weeks and months ahead.
- It helps your team to plan their work. Your team members can easily plan and deliver their work on time because they know what is expected to happen and by when.
- A calendar helps you mobilize resources ahead of time. Some marketing tasks rely on you finding the right people and other resources. Now you can more easily plan for that since you know the timing of your marketing tasks.
- It’s a living document you can continue to update on an ongoing basis. If you create your calendar inside a project management tool, you can easily add, change, delete or even move around details to meet your marketing needs.
- Most importantly, a marketing calendar elevates your marketing to a higher level. You’re taking it seriously because it’s the lifeblood of your business!
Tara Alexandra Kachaturoff
If you want to create a marketing plan and calendar, let me know. I’m happy to help you design a plan that works for you and your business. Connect with me at https://www.tarahelpdesk.com or reach out to me on LinkedIn.
Cross-posted at https://www.tarakachaturoff.com