There’s about 40 day until Spring — and I can’t wait!
I’m looking forward to the warmer weather, the longer days, and the new blooms that will spring forth. It’s also that time of the year when I think about refreshing and renewing everything around me. Yep, that means cleaning up my home and everything in it.
I love to clean. Letting go of what’s old or worn and clearing spaces ushers in a renewed sense of self. It’s like starting over, but without starting over. I can take a big deep breath, look around me, and just feel great.
Springtime is also a time when I like to think about cleaning up things in my business. Can you relate? One of my central mantras is “I let go of the past.” And, I try to do that in every aspect of my life. I can’t embrace my future and all the wonderful things it holds if I’m clinging on to old ideas, beliefs, stuff, and other things that don’t align with who I am.
Here’s some of the things I like to do …
- Clean my desk. I go thru my draws and take everything out and determine what I can part with. Then I put it all back and rearrange it a bit differently to change up the energy.
- I go thru any boxes of things and try to get rid of as much as possible. There always seems to be one or two boxes of “stuff.”
- I go thru my file cabinet and discard anything old, including old client files and materials. Love how that makes me feel.
- I go thru my email (actually several times a year) and delete, delete, delete. It’s amazing how fast it accumulates.
- I straighten up things so they are more pleasing to the eye. I don’t like things that distract me from what I want to focus on.
- Is this easy? Heck no! Not for me. I love cleaning, but it takes a lot of mental fortitude and inner strength to part with things that I’ve closely connected with on an emotional level. I forge ahead anyway.
While it’s not always easy when you’re in “the middle” of a cleaning project, it certainly feels great when you’re looking around and feeling fabulous about your accomplishment. A clean desk, clean book cases, a perfectly organized file cabinet. A room where everything is in its place — exactly how you want it to be. It doesn’t get any better than that!
The results are amazing! Everything feels lighter. I seem to lightly flow there everything I do. Everything is easier!
Do you do Spring cleaning in your business? I’d love to hear what you do to refresh and renew your business as you move into the next season of the year and your life!
As a coach, I work with executives, professionals, and small business leaders who want to get more done in less time. Let’s chat about how we can work together to plan your next month in a way that creates an environment that serves your success! It’s easier than you think. Connect with me at https://www.tarahelpdesk.com and I’ll send you a link to my calendar!
Tara Alexandra Kachaturoff