Once again, it’s declutter time! Let’s explore 10 more things you can get rid of today. No one wants to live in the past and clutter is all about the past. It’s time to let it go. Look to living in the present and embracing the future!
Grab your trash bag and let’s get started!
1. Get rid of any purses that have gone out of style. You’re not going to use them. Ever. Either donate them (grab another bag for donations) or simply discard them.
Note: Discarded items get recycled and made into other products. Stop being guilted by that myth that you’re a horrible person if you throw something away. Not to worry, it will be transformed into something else you can buy later.
2. Discard instruction manuals for things you no longer own. They’re simply of no use to anyone. If, for any reason, you need a manual, you can usually find a copy online. Today, throw them all away!
3. Get rid of any kids’ clothes that no longer fit. Donate them or just throw them away. If you want to squeeze out any last value, you can cut up the old clothes and use them as cleaning rags.
4. Go to your kitchen cabinets and get rid of any non-perishable food items you don’t want to eat or never intend to eat. Check expiration dates. Discard old food. In the future, buy only what you intend to eat. That will reduce your food bill dramatically.
5. If you’ve accumulated excess shopping bags, it’s time to let them go. In fact, you can use them as garbage bags for all the things you’re discarding. And, let’s not save them for the future. Use them up during the next seven days or dump them all.
6. Throw away any outdated or broken holiday ornaments. Holidays are about fun and cheer — not brokenness and shabbiness. Terrible looking ornaments doesn’t support that. Go through your holiday boxes and start tossing things out. You’ll be glad you did!
7. Discard broken laptops, computers, old phones and other devices. You might be able to donate them, but it’s a lot faster and easier to just throw them away. Due to the toxicity of some of the parts included in these items, you may want to check with your local recycler about proper disposal practices.
8. Lose the linens. If you have any unused blankets or other linens that are in good condition, donate them to organizations that can provide them to folks who need them.It’s time to let them go so you can move forward.
9. Be grateful and move on. If you have any old trophies or memorabilia from your past, which don’t still hold sentimental value for them, get rid of them. Honor their meaning, remember the good times, and then let them go.
10. Banish the buttons. Do you have a bag, bowl or box of buttons that have fallen off your clothes over the years? It’s time to throw them away. Face the fact that you’re never going to sew them on. Toss them.
There you have it — 10 things you can get rid of today.
I challenge you to set a timer for 10 minutes for each of these areas. See how much you can get rid of in that short amount of time. You’ll be surprised by how a small commitment can reap great rewards.
Clutter can stand in the way of accomplishing your dreams. It can keep you stuck in your business, stalled in your career, or miserable in your home. It doesn’t need to be that way. There’s a way out and you don’t need to find it alone.
If you’re ready to declutter your life so you can free up your mind and energy to pursue your heart’s desire, let’s chat!
Next Steps …
Lighten your life and your load. Find out how working with a coach can help you create a path forward that activates your gifts and talents, energizes your soul, and aligns you with your life purpose.
Make yourself a priority! Connect with me on LinkedIn or send me a note at https://www.tarahelpdesk.com and we’ll schedule time to talk. The only way to get things done is by taking action. The time to start is now!
Tara Alexandra Kachaturoff
Coaching entrepreneurs since 2002
Michigan Entrepreneur TV: Creator, Producer, Host
Let’s Connect the Dots: